Thursday, October 3, 2013

MOPS

When we moved,
we were blessed to move to a wonderful neighborhood with wonderful neighbors.
Seriously... Everyone I have met here has been super friendly.
When talking with my next door neighbor/friend one day,
she asked me if I had ever been in a MOPS group.

photo credit: MOPS.org

I had never even heard of it.
She explained that MOPS stands for 'mothers of preschoolers'.
Twice a month, we meet at a local church for a couple hours.
What happens next is 100% awesome.
You drop the kidlets (MOPPETS) off in age appropriate rooms (yes, infants too)
where they get to play with other kids their age under the supervision of well-trusted volunteers.
Then you get to enjoy the company of other mothers & mentor-moms
while eating a warm homemade breakfast without worrying about...
your kids eating off your plate
while you change a stinky diaper,
refill sippy cups,
give the kids seconds since they're still hungry,
& finally get to take your first (cold/soggy) bite 30 minutes later.
Seriously though...
MOPS mornings are the best breakfasts I've had in a looong time!
So from what I've gathered my first two times going...
you enjoy your breakfast & socialize a bit,
then there's an amazing speaker,
you break off into discussion groups
(smaller groups within MOPS that you're assigned to),
& sometimes there's a craft.
It's a jam packed, yet relaxing two hours without the kidlets.
Because even though you love them,
it's important to have mommy time with other moms.

We also have occasional playdates throughout the month.
Some that anyone from MOPS can go to,
& others that are just with the smaller discussion groups.

Being new to the area,
it has been a great way for me to make new friends outside of church
& get to know other wonderful ladies that I otherwise wouldn't have met.
It's nice knowing that if I'm having any parenting questions or frustrations,
these local ladies are right by my side to help me get through it.
I know that my church family will always be there for me too,
but that just means I have twice as many people to turn to when I need a break or moms night!

xoxo
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see your post, Marissa! I didn't see it last night when I checked in on you...and I was a little tiny bit concerned. haha. Anyway, good job. :)

    I decided to take the challenge, too. I was unaware of 31 Days until I read your post about it a couple of days ago. So, thanks!

    http://koogleskorner.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang it, you caught me! I changed the post date. I didn't actually post it until this morning, but most of it was done last night. I probably could have posted it last night if we didn't sit in front of the TV for 2 hours getting caught up on Bones & Revolution. Haha... I'm totally embarrassed, but it's good to know that you're actually paying attention & keeping me in line with my goal!

      I love that you're doing the challenge too, even if you're getting a late start. I look forward to reading your posts & I love your index idea!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...