Monday, March 3, 2014

Platypus Day 2014

Whatcha doooin'?
Oh yeah, you're probably reading this post...
Did you remember to celebrate Playtpus Day this past Saturday?
We did (:
There was no way we would miss it!
We couldn't celebrate at Disneyland like we have in the past years,
but we still tried to make it the best day ever.
Okay, so maybe it didn't go anything like I had planned,
but it was still a fun day!

photo credit: glam.rastamonk.com

Here, let me tell you the back-story...
I promise it has nothing to do with lawn gnomes or doonkelberries.

I woke up on Saturday thinking,
"I know what we're gonna do today."
But then I remembered Hubby had to work all morning
because of all the crazy weather over the past few months.
'Tis the life of a busy auto damage adjuster.
<le sigh>
When he came home, he changed into his Perry shirt & we ate lunch.
My pregnant mind is having a hard time remembering what we ate,
but I know it was some sort of food.

Hubby & I were sporting Perry the Platypus shirts again,
but the kidlets had grown out of the shirts I made for them last year.
I didn't have the time to make new ones for them this year,
so they wore regular clothes.
So sad...

Anywhooo, we couldn't start our party right away
since we are STILL trying to pack & get our house ready to list.
We let the kids watch some Phineas and Ferb while we were packing,
but us adults easily got sucked in & stopped being productive,
so we had to turn on Pandora instead.

The sister missionaries from our church,
came by around 3 to help us clean & pack for a couple hours...
They're the best!
We ended up getting quite a bit done,
so we felt pretty good about starting our party shortly after they left.

We had a themed dinner which consisted of Phineas and Ferb mac & cheese, Phineas and Ferb shaped jello jigglers (A much smaller scale of the gelatin in Isabella's pool that was hit by the Turn-Everything-Evil-inator. Not nearly as large or evil & a different flavor, but just as jiggly...), mini corn dogs from Mr. Slushy Dawg, slushy gatorade & Icees (also from Mr. Slushy Dawg).


As you can see, it was kind of a lazy dinner...
(I even took pictures of the boxes instead of the actual food.)
But hey, Perry is a platypus.
They don't do much.

After dinner, we watched some Phineas and Ferb together as a family while our food settled.
We had plans for the biggest ice cream sundae ever made,
second only to the one that Doofenshmirtz ended up accidentally making,
but we all got sleepy so we nixed that idea...

I wish there were more hours in the day
so that we could have done everything I had imagined.
In my head I had pictured:
teal streamers,
teal, orange, & brown balloons (& Balloony)
decorating our living room.

I had pictured at least a half day of events including but not limited to:
pin the hat on Perry (to make him become Agent P),
a "Where's Perry" scavenger hunt,
a game of Skiddley Whiffers,
& of course watching Phineas and Ferb.

Although it wasn't how I had imagined,
It was pretty fun for just winging it when we had so much going on.

I'm thinking that next year we'll have 'The Candace Special' for dinner... grilled cheese!
That is of course if we can't make it to Disneyland.

xoxo
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...