Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cheddar Cheese Fondue


I love cheese fondue but we tend to make it only once a year on New Years Eve.
It's a shame I don't make it more often because it is simple, delicious, & I love cheese.

1 1/2 cups chicken broth or milk (I like to use 3/4 cups of both)
2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional) (I use 1/8 tsp garlic powder instead)
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp cornstarch

In a fondue pot over medium heat, heat the broth/milk with the garlic until bubbles appear. Toss the cheese lightly with the cornstarch & add to the broth/milk mixture. Stir until cheese is completely melted. Keep warm over low heat.

(Tastes great with sourdough bread, french bread, lil smokies, meatballs, carrots, pretzels, broccoli, cauliflower, etc...)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marissa! I found you through the linky party over at The Chicken Chick. I'd like to invite you to link this up at my annual super bowl linky party too - how yummy! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...